Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 9:19 AM
Oregon berry industries are sponsoring training to educate farmers on how to prevent on-farm microbial contamination of produce. The "train the trainers" workshops are free, for any Oregon produce farmer, but require registration.
Eight Oregon workshops have been scheduled:
* April 4, North Willamette Research Extension Center, 15210 N.E. Miley Road, Aurora.
* April 9, Unger Farm Store, 34880 SW Johnson School Road, Cornelius.
* April 18, Woodburn Fertilizer/Wilbur-Ellis, 868 N. Front St., Woodburn.
* April 23, Scenic Fruit Co., 7510 S.E. Altman Road, Gresham.
* May 2, Riverbend Organic Farm, 35711 Helms Drive, Jefferson.
* May 7, Willamette Valley Fruit Co., 2994 82nd Ave. N.E., Salem.
* May 16, HBF International, 310 NE Kirby St., McMinnville.
* May 21, Western Star Grange Hall #309, 30423 Tangent Drive, Albany.
Information: http://oregonfarmsfoodsafety.com/sign-up/ or call 541-758-4043.