Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:19 PM
A group of young agricultural leaders were named this week to the American Farm Bureau Federation's Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee.
The AFBF Board of Directors selected some of the organization's most active and dedicated young members to be part of the 2013-2015 YF&R Committee. Their terms will officially begin on March 1.
The new committee members include:
* Todd and April Mackie from California.
* Jake and Jennifer Carter from Georgia.
* Greg and Contessa Harris from Kentucky.
* Jeff and Alyssa VanderWerff from Michigan.
* Alexandra Wright from New York.
* Travis and Renae Gebhart from South Dakota.
* Chet and Dancey Creel from Texas.
* Dustin and Harmony Cox from Utah.
"Farm Bureau's YF&R Committee members play a vital role in helping lead our organization through innovative and forward-thinking planning and ideas," said AFBF President Bob Stallman in a press release. "I am very proud of these young members' accomplishments so far and am confident they will continue to flourish throughout the coming year."
The YF&R program includes men and women between the ages of 18 and 35. The program's goals are to help younger Farm Bureau members learn more about agriculture, network with other farmers and become future leaders in agriculture and Farm Bureau.